Are you sick of canned and commercial meatloaf? Ask your personal chef from Salted Chef to make you a home-made and healthy meatloaf then. Yes, your chef can prepare that for you and even any meal. Aside from being flexible in cooking all kinds of dish, your chef can alter, improvise, or personalize a certain meal for you to suit your health condition, diet, or budget. With your chef, you will look at meatloaf in a very different way. You will have the liberty to adjust the saltiness, sweetness, or even add more spice to it as well. All you have to do is to tell your chef everything that you want and like.
• 1 ½ lbs. of ground beef.
• 1 slice of bread. It has to be broken or finely chopped.
• 1 egg.
• 1 small vidalia onion or 1 small type of sweet onion. It has to be finely chopped.
• 1 teaspoon of table salt.
• ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
• 4 tablespoons of ketchup.
• ½ to 2/3 cup of whole milk.
• 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (for the sauce).
• 2 – 4 tablespoons dark brown sugar (for the sauce).
• ½ cup ketchup (for the sauce).
To make the meatloaf:
Combine all the ingredients for the meatloaf and place them into a loaf baking dish and then smooth out the top.
To make the sauce:
1. Combine all the ingredients of the sauce and mix them in a separate bowl.
2. Once you have made the meatloaf and the sauce, pour the sauce on the top and on the sides of the meatloaf.
3. Bake it for an hour or until done at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. The outcome of this recipe must be plump. If the meat is too dry, add fat on it. Deer meat is a dry meat. It can be used but it must be added with fat.
Understand that some ingredients can be substituted, you can talk about the substitutions with your personal chef or tell him if you prefer any ingredients for replacement. Make sure that you do not experiment alone without asking a professional to avoid trashing your ingredients. Be careful when mixing vinegar and ketchup for your sauce since too much of each mix can overpower the taste of the other. Make sure that they are equally added and blended well. Too much vinegar or ketchup will not help you acquire the desirable taste.
To save, you can ask your personal chef from Salted Chef to make you a lot of home-made meatloaf so that you can store them in your fridge. There is no need for you to buy the canned version or visit a fancy restaurant just to enjoy the dish. If you like meatloaf so much and other popular canned foods, tell it to your private cook so that he can prepare a healthy and more delicious version for you. You can now avoid preservatives, meat tenderizers, food coloring and other harmful ingredients from commercialized meals or canned foods.